JOB: [Fwd: RE: TEKsystems]

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Wed Sep 14 10:59:30 MDT 2011

On Mon, September 12, 2011 22:41, Henry Paul wrote:
> On 09/12/2011 09:57 PM, Daniel C. wrote:
>> On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 9:06 PM, S. Dale Morrey<sdalemorrey at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> It's the LDS church.  Looks like they still haven't filled my old position.
>> I always wonder how they get away with this kind of hiring practice.
>> I guess if you're a religion you can?
> I don't really see what the big deal is. Is there a company out there
> that will let you work for them if you are NOT in good standing with
> them? Last time I checked, pretty much every company has an employee
> code of conduct to follow. I fail to see the difference between this
> requirement and a background check, credit check, or drug test...

IMHO, passing a background check is not quite the same thing. That said, I
also don't see what the big deal is. If you aren't LDS, and aren't in good
standing with the LDS religious organization, then your interest in working
for that church is probably limited. What I don't get is why they need to be
so secret about it in the job listing. Why can't they say "Must be a member of
the LDS church in good standing and meet additional stringent personal
religious requirements."

Is the goal to somehow protect the recruiter's organization? Anyone know?

-Ryan