Interesting Op Ed about iProvo today.

Mike Lovell mike at dev-zero.net
Fri Sep 9 10:58:04 MDT 2011

On 09/09/2011 10:23 AM, S. Dale Morrey wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 10:17 AM, Andrew McNabb<amcnabb at mcnabbs.org>  wrote:
>> I like the idea of municipal fiber, but iProvo is a
>> disaster.
>>
>> --
>> Andrew McNabb
>> http://www.mcnabbs.org/andrew/
>> PGP Fingerprint: 8A17 B57C 6879 1863 DE55  8012 AB4D 6098 8826 6868
> Really how so?  I thought it was at least as good as Utopia.

i'm curious what andrew means as well. i've been using utopia since fall
of '05 and its been great. i admit that the city has taken some heat
over the costs and i'm not a fan of how they essentially sold it to
broadweave/veracity/whatever. but overall, i feel it has been a positive
thing and think it was still worth the effort. if nothing else, it
caused the incumbent telcos to compete a little more.

mike