[semi-OT] local stores selling computer parts

Tod Hansmann plug.org at todandlorna.com
Sun Sep 4 21:43:39 MDT 2011

On 9/4/2011 8:40 PM, Eric Olsen wrote:

>     My favorite down here in Orem is PC Discounters.  800ish South
>     State in
>     Orem.  I know there's a couple more north, but I don't actually go
>     more
>     north at this time, so I'm not familiar with that area.
>

> I haven't been in there because it looked like it's strictly pre-built
> computers (and other electronics), more like a Best Buy. Do they carry
> parts?

Yes.  Typically not off-the-shelf, but they usually have some case fans,
the more popular cables, hard drives of various sorts, etc.  Not a lot
of selection, but when I need something and can't wait for shipping, I
can usually find something that fits the bill from them unless it's a
fairly obscure part.

-Tod Hansmann