[semi-OT] local stores selling computer parts

Eric Olsen falconv at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 19:05:07 MDT 2011

On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 6:49 PM, Robert Merrill <robertmerrill at gmail.com>wrote:

> What's the name of that store in Orem? AROMA or something? All I recall is
> you needed like a trench coat or a vaguely-klingon forehead to get in there
> to go in there back in the day... Are they still around?

Not sure I've heard of Aroma, but there's JPL (formerly Mas) Computers in
Orem. They aren't anything like Fry's, maybe a little more like Re-PC if
you've ever been in one. They specialize in selling used parts, but do carry
some new. If you need something, they probably have it, though I wouldn't
put money on that if it's something cutting-edge new. If you're ok with it
being used but priced almost as much as what you'd pay to get one new
elsewhere (online). At least that's been my experience, ymmv.

-Eric