Job: Software Developer 1 (Springville)

Tod Hansmann plug.org at todandlorna.com
Wed Oct 26 08:40:13 MDT 2011

On 10/25/2011 10:57 PM, Henry Paul wrote:
> Flexible scheduling for school is mentioned, but it is not clear that
> the primary candidate should be a student. If you're looking for
> students / interns, say so in the ad.
>
> Henry
I mean no disrespect, but limiting a position from "part-time with
flexible scheduling" to "we only want a student" seems kind of dumb.
Wouldn't you take someone who is working on their own business but needs
something extra to make ends meet?  Maybe a guy taking some time off the
rat race to write his great American novel?  Never limit your hiring
unless it's a requirement of the job they'll be doing, and I don't know
what job would require student status to perform.

-Tod Hansmann