comcast and kbyu

Eric Olsen falconv at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 09:21:55 MDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 8:24 AM, Merrill Oveson <moveson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Comcast lied to me.  I'm thinking of getting rid of them entirely, I
> use them for cable and internet.  Suggestions for alternate providers?

For internet, as has been detailed in a previous email thread (
http://plug.org/pipermail/plug/2011-August/026384.html) I highly recommend
XMission. I'm almost positive they won't be the cheapest you'll find, but
their quality and service far exceeds the cost in my opinion. They are also
very Linux friendly, even being a mirror for a few major distros, which
makes updating nice and fast (you don't have to be a subscriber to get
access to their mirror, btw). If you live in an area where Utopia will drop
a fiber line to your house, you can't beat it.

As for TV, I won't be much help there. I only watch digital OTA or stream,
so I've never needed to spend the extra money for extra TV channels. If
anything, I would sign up for a streaming service (a la Netflix, Amazon
Prime, Hulu Plus, etc), but despite my "you get what you pay for" stance
above, I'm still pretty stingy and don't like to pay if I don't have to ;)

-Eric