JOB: Sr. System's Engineer

Bryan Sant bryan.sant at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 15:32:56 MDT 2011

All,

My current employer, AtTask Inc, is looking for a rockstar Sr.
System's Engineer.
I've only been at AtTask for one month, but I'm really enjoying it --
they are a great company to work for.  AtTask makes a PPM (Project and
Portfolio Management) software offering.  Their software is similar to
Microsoft Project, or Basecamp.  The company has had 500% growth in
the last 12 months, and has doubled their revenue year-over-year for
some time now.  Their customers include Apple, Google, HBO, Nike,
Adobe, Toyota, and many others.  The company is pre-IPO, has lots of
opportunity, and they pay very well (and the benefits are really good,
and they are cheap).

Here's gritty details:

Sr. System's Engineer

AtTask, the leading provider of project management software is seeking
an experience Systems Engineer to join a dynamic IT team. The Systems
Engineer will be responsible for ensuring that AtTask stays on the
leading edge of technology. They will accomplish this by evaluating
and recommending technologies which will enhance and improve the
AtTask SaaS offering. They will also be the subject matter experts for
how the SaaS hosting platform and AtTask technology stack interacts
with a focus on performance, stability and reliability.

Related Experience:
* CS degree or five (5) years experience working in a systems engineering role.
* Experience supporting a SaaS Platform.
* Experience supporting various networking equipments (routers,
firewalls, switches)
* Experience architecting IT solution based on product and customer requirements
* Experience maintaining computer hardware and software.
* Experience designing and managing enterprise SAN and NAS platforms
* Experience managing large scale compute farm deployments

Knowledge / Skill / Ability:
* Proven troubleshooting skills
* Solid understanding of TCP/IP, networking and common Internet protocols
* Solid understanding of the Linux OS and server virtualization
* Solid understanding of SAN and NAS technologies (Network Appliance
experience preferred)
* Solid understanding of Network Monitoring Tools (Nagios,
Zabbix,Coradiant TrueSightÍ)
* Strong communication skills (oral and written)
* Ability to work effectively with team members, multiple departments
and service providers
* Desire to grow and learn new technologies
* Work effectively in a dynamic and changing environment
* Self-motivation and ability to work with minimal supervision
* Good decision making abilities a must
* Unix shell scripting experience a must
* Programming language experience a must (PERL, Python, PHP)

If you're interested, please reply to me with a resume.  I'd love to
recommend one of my friends from PLUG for this position.

Thanks,
-Bryan