[JOB] Linux Systems Administrator
DPetersen at spark.net
Thu Oct 13 15:15:07 MDT 2011
Spark Networks is looking a systems administrator that will be responsible for provisioning, configuring, operation and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure. Should have a minimum of 5 years of experience working with Linux, Apache and MySQL. The systems administrator should be familiar with common scripting languages such as PHP, Perl, and Ruby. This person should possess good problem solving skills, and be able to remain productive during slow times and effectively multitask during busy times. Be able to work responsibly with or without direct supervision. Job position requires participation in an on-call rotation.
Areas of expertise and experience include:
* Linux OS
* Apache Webserver
* Install, configure, and manage VMWare services.
* Network firewalls, host firewalls and network switching
* OpenVPN Administration
* MySQL database administration, including replication
* Troubleshoot, repair and recover from hardware and software failures
* Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
* Research and recommend innovative approaches for systems administration tasks
* Perform daily monitoring, verifying integrity and availability of production infrastructure
* Handle escalated issues from development and customer service departments
* Maintain data center environment for production systems
* Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science or equivalent experience.
* Experience with Asterisk would also be a desirable skill
* Experience dealing with 3rd party datacenter and various vendor relationships
If you are interested in this job, please submit a resume to dpetersen|AT|spark.net
More information about the PLUG