Meeting for October (Wednesday, Oct. 12, 7:30pm)

Tod Hansmann plug.org at todandlorna.com
Mon Oct 10 00:24:10 MDT 2011

On 10/9/2011 9:32 PM, Mike Lovell wrote:
> is there anything in particular about ipv6 that the group wants to learn
> about? its kind of a big topic so it would be helpful to know if there
> is anything people have had questions about or problems they've run into.

I think just a general overview, what's different and/or important from
ipv4, and maybe a bit on how to get started with it on our own, like at
home or whatnot.  That should spark a lot of discussion for afterward.

I know there's a lot of places you can register and get your own ipv6
space, and I know if your ISP doesn't support it, there's a lot of
support for tunneling it to a network that does, even a few years ago
when my friend was showing me his setup on Comcast (at the time, they
had no ipv6 support).  It would be interesting to have sort of a PLUG
followup on the list of people that got it setup and how they ended up
working it all out, what their troubles were, etc.

Just my 2 cents.

-Tod Hansmann