Meeting for October (Wednesday, Oct. 12, 7:30pm)

Mike Lovell mike at dev-zero.net
Fri Oct 7 10:01:52 MDT 2011

On 10/06/2011 04:29 PM, Steve Meyers wrote:
> I told Ryan I'd be willing to start setting up meetings.  It's a bit
> more of a pain than I'd hoped, so I feel his pain. :)  I've arranged for
> a location, at least temporarily.  It's probably not big enough for long
> term use, but we'll be at the Lindon C7 data center (Canopy Building 5,
> behind Home Depot).
>
> C7 Data Centers will be providing pizza for this meeting, and will do
> tours afterward for anyone interested.
>
> What we don't have yet is a presenter.  I've reached out to a couple
> people, but no luck so far.  I can give a presentation on MySQL forks
> that I gave a couple months ago at UPHPU, but I don't think that's an
> ideal topic for PLUG.  I'd personally love to see a presentation on LXC.
>
> Does anyone have a presentation they could give on short notice?  Or any
> other ideas for what you'd like to see?  I'll try to schedule them out a
> little more in advance for the future.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Steve Meyers

steve, i've seen a few requests for something on ipv6. i'm not gonna say
i'm an expert in the field of networking but i do have some hobby-ish
experience with ipv6 and have read the wikipedia article. :) if no one
has stepped forward to volunteer to do the meeting for next week, i
could do something that goes over some basics of ipv6.

mike