Meeting for October (Wednesday, Oct. 12, 7:30pm)

Tod Hansmann plug.org at todandlorna.com
Thu Oct 6 20:45:52 MDT 2011

On 10/6/2011 4:29 PM, Steve Meyers wrote:
> What we don't have yet is a presenter.  I've reached out to a couple
> people, but no luck so far.  I can give a presentation on MySQL forks
> that I gave a couple months ago at UPHPU, but I don't think that's an
> ideal topic for PLUG.  I'd personally love to see a presentation on LXC.
>
> Does anyone have a presentation they could give on short notice?  Or any
> other ideas for what you'd like to see?  I'll try to schedule them out a
> little more in advance for the future.

Linux audio production.  Jason Jones runs an audio studio based on
linux, and I think he would have some great things to show us.

Django hacking.  Gabe Gunderson is a jerk and might be convinced to talk
about this anyway, and it's an interesting topic (at least to me).

ipv6.  I have no idea who would talk about it, but its importance is
growing rapidly.  Maybe it's time we took it under our knowledge belts.

-Tod Hansmann