Minecraft Server

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Fri Nov 18 21:38:55 MST 2011

On Fri, November 18, 2011 17:36, Jonathan Duncan wrote:

> On 18 Nov 2011, at 17:31, Jason Hall wrote:
>
>> plug.org... well at least not when it's moving to a new datacenter.
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 4:49 PM, Jared Ottley <jottley at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Any one know of or have a Minecraft server that would be ok for my sons (10
>>>  - 12 yr olds) to play on?
>>>

> Ah, I wondered if the plug.org minecraft server was still around.  I have not
> been able to access it for a long time.
>
> Anyway, Victor Villa and a group of us over at UPHPU just setup a new one for
> us and our kids.

The PLUG server couldn't handle the intense AWESOMENESS of the minecraft world
we built. It was using 99% of the CPU almost non-stop. That, and the world got
griefed. Tux was destroyed, and most of the tiered forests we built were set
on fire. I may bring it back some day after the client and mods settle down
some more. I should have at least one backup of the world that still has
everything in-tact.

-Ryan