Impossible Laptop

Aaron Toponce aaron.toponce at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 19:25:04 MST 2011

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 12:59:43PM -0700, Charles Curley wrote:
> I'll stick with Lenovos. My R51 is still going strong.
> http://charlescurley.com/Lenovo.R51.html. My T61 (BIOS dated
> 07/01/2008) is doing fine. Both run Ubuntu and Debian just fine, but
> require proprietary bits for the wireless (ipw2200 and iwl3945,
> respectively).

I still have my T61, purchased May 2007, and it's going very strong. I use
it for my work-from-home and travel laptop. Other than the battery finally
giving up the ghost, this machine is a freaking tank. I'm sure I'll get
another 4 years out of it before it finally gives up the ghost. Awesome,
awesome machine.

BTW- you might want to update your BIOS. There have been several updates
fixing all sorts of bugs with hardware. Whether or not it improves
Linux-kernel performance, I don't know, but why not?

--
. o .   o . o   . . o   o . .   . o .
. . o   . o o   o . o   . o o   . . o