Impossible Laptop

Levi Pearson levipearson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 18:30:56 MST 2011

On Nov 18, 2011 4:37 PM, "Michael Torrie" <torriem at gmail.com>
> At one time there was a database someone had made of corrected DSDT
> tables for various models and vendors, but last I checked it was not
> functioning and Fedora won't use them anyway.

Someone linked to it earlier in the thread. It is indeed defunct, since the
official ACPI project stance is that these problems amount to bugs in their
code, since regular users can hardly be expected to figure out loading of
those tables. On the other hand, I imagine the number of platforms they can
manage isn't huge.