Impossible Laptop

Doran L. "Fozz" Barton fozz at hypermoo.com
Fri Nov 18 14:49:05 MST 2011

On 11/18/2011 12:45 PM, Stuart Jansen wrote:
> My T61p is starting to show its age, but I'm having a hard time finding
> a replacement. Is it simply not possible to find a great laptop anymore?

I've been really happy with my Dell Latitude D830(N). Looking at the Latitude
E6500 series, it looks like you can get a nice laptop. Unfortunately, they
don't sell them with FreeDOS or Ubuntu. However, when I bought my Dell, I did
it through my wife's work's Dell account and I had a lot more flexibility in
getting a laptop without a Microsoft OS installed, so if you can find someone
with a Dell business account, you may want to consider that.

--
Doran L. Barton - Hypermoo Inc. - <fozz at hypermoo.com> - 801-520-9875
Open source consulting, custom development, systems/network administration