Java update broke a Java app?

Eric Olsen falconv at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 13:49:21 MST 2011

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 12:14 PM, S. Dale Morrey <sdalemorrey at gmail.com>wrote:

> I wonder how you set the default JVM for Win7 if it turns out to be Java 6?
> Win 7 admin isn't exactly my cup of tea.

I had to do something similar in Windows a couple weeks ago. Go in the
Control Panel, in the address bar click the triangle to the right of
"Control Panel" to get "All Control Panel Items". On this page you should
be able to find Java, open it. In the Java Control Panel applet, click the
Java tab. There, click the View button. Here you'll see what versions of
Java are installed and available. At this point you're on your own, I don't
know how to set which is default or anything. In my case I could just
remove the one(s) I didn't need, and it worked.

-Eric