Impossible Laptop

Spencer Gibb spudgibb at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 12:56:25 MST 2011

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 12:45 PM, Stuart Jansen <sjansen at buscaluz.org>wrote:

> My T61p is starting to show its age, but I'm having a hard time finding
> a replacement. Is it simply not possible to find a great laptop anymore?
>
> I'm looking for:
>  - Matte screen
>  - More than 1080 vertical pixels
>  - A keyboard that doesn't suck
>  - Good Linux compatiblity
>  - High quality construction
>    (able to withstand constant travel)
>
> I'm willing to pay for quality, but it seems that most laptops today
> are either crappy toys, crippled by sucky screens, or Macs.
>
> Help me, Plug, you're my only hope!

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/ww/pdf/w520_datasheet.pdf

One of the few laptops to have 4 RAM slots, so 16GB RAM is fairly cheap.
 The one thing it doesn't have is more than 1080 vertical pixels.  That's
its max, but I've run linux one one for a while now.  I can't complain
about the keyboard (there is a backlit option which is awesome).

Nice Princess Leia reference.
--
Obi-w... er, Spencer