Local company in the news, but what is it they are making?

Mike Lovell mike at dev-zero.net
Thu Nov 17 16:07:39 MST 2011

On 11/17/2011 03:16 PM, Dan Telschow wrote:
> http://xi3.org<http://xi3.org/>
>
> On 11/17/2011 3:13 PM, S. Dale Morrey wrote:
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> Was reading the Trib today and saw that some local company is making
>> what looks like a little cube computer.
>> Actually to me it looks like what happens when a little computer get's
>> a little too hot :)
>>
>> Sltrib is being really fuzzy on the details, is this a server, a
>> desktop, or some sort of hand-held portable device?
>> Anyone work with these guys before?
>> Does it run linux?
>> Is it any good?
>>
>> http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/money/52931756-79/computer-major-corp-deal.html.csp
>>
>> Anyways, thoughts are appreciated.

$850 for a 3-4 year old dual core athlon, 2GB ram, 16GB flash, etc.?!?
that sounds pretty pricey. the idea seems really cool. but i think
they'll need to get the cost of the hardware way down. why would i get
this when there are things like the mac mini that costs less, has
current generation hardware, and better specs?

just my $.02

mike