Why your tech CV sucks

Robert Merrill robertmerrill at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 14:51:17 MST 2011

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 2:22 PM, Jonathan Duncan
<jonathan at bluesunhosting.com> wrote:

> On 16 Nov 2011, at 12:31, Alan Young wrote:
>
> > readers respond:
> > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/11/16/recruitment_flames/
>
> Hah, truth must have struck some nerves.  Humorous responses.

Yes, humorous. The article itself is a little over the top, but I can
see truth on both sides, lol. Funny thing is, if he had polished his
article and not been so blunt nobody would have actually cared.  Some
of the readers will actually think what he says might be just a bit
right and do something different next time they send out a resume.

This comment strikes a nerve, though (below, unedited). I honestly
felt the same way when I got into recruiting which is (hopefully) why
I try to be at least a touch different in my approaches... yet, I
still get flamed like this at times.

QUOTE
I would absolutely LOVE to destroy the recruitment industry, it's
nothing but a blood sucking whore with a bunch of zombies in their
employ! You go for an interview, get pipped at the post by one other
applicant, the recruiter won't ring you back! You ring their office
and you get told they're "out", what fucking ever, you just don't want
to talk to me because I didn't earn you any commission you shallow
fuck! How about giving me some feedback as to why the other guy pipped
me at the post? How about telling me what they liked about me, so I
can make sure to do it again the next time you ring me up, in a months
time, like nothing happened and you weren't an arrogant prick and send
me somewhere else?
ENDQUOTE