Adobe Layoffs

Ryan Simpkins plug at
Tue Nov 8 13:05:44 MST 2011

There were some layoffs today at Adobe. I am not aware of any official
statement by Adobe. I am not posting on their behalf. I don't know how many
were let go. I do know some of the very fine engineers I had worked with for
several years were let go immediately. If you know of any development related
jobs, now would be a great time to post those positions.

I know at least a couple of the folks laid off are fellow PLUGgers. I
encourage everyone to be as understanding as possible and encourage them on to
their next opportunity. Feel free to post "seeker" threads as well as job

When you have a family to feed and you suddenly lose a job, groups like PLUG
can offer some reassurance and assistance. In my mind it is one of the
greatest benefits a group like ours can offer. It can affects people's lives
directly, in a time of need.