Anybody using ofbiz?

David Haak david.haak at
Fri Nov 4 16:33:55 MDT 2011

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 4:16 PM, Jared Daines <jared at> wrote:
> On 11/04/2011 02:45 PM, David Haak wrote:
>> We used to run ofbiz here, iCentris, Inc. What would you like to know about it?
>> Dave
>> On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 2:42 PM, Jared Daines<jared at>  wrote:
>>> I'm trying to find anybody that might be running ofbiz around this area.
>>> We are looking at it for the company I work at and would like to talk to
>>> a company that has implemented it.
>>> /*
>>> PLUG:, #utah on
>>> Unsubscribe:
>>> Don't fear the penguin.
>>> */
> Really looking for somebody at this point that we could sit down with
> that has experience in it and could talk to us about that.
> But your email also brings up the question of why you moved away from it?

I am sorry, I guess I spoke too soon. I just went and talked to our
lead dev, and apparently I was mistaken about the level of experience
here. Apparently what was used in the distant past was a precursor to
actual ofbiz, and thus what ofbiz is now and what it was then are
very, very different. Thus I don't actually have someone here I could
refer you to, sorry to waste your time.

"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be
a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the
safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"