[Fwd: Job opening]

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Mon Mar 28 16:12:48 MDT 2011

------------------------------ Original Message ------------------------------
Subject: [Website Feedback] Job opening

Could you please post this Job Opening.  The position is in Lindon, Utah.
Anyone interested can contact me directly.

Russ Miller
Quest Software
801-655-2571
russell dot miller at quest dot com

Thanks
Russ

Quest Software (Nasdaq: QSFT), founded in 1987 currently has over 3,500
employees worldwide and is a leading provider of application, database and
Windows management solutions around the world. For more information, visit
us at http://www.quest.com

We are currently seeking a strong Unix developer to join our development
team, based in our Lindon, UT office. This role involves a mix of both
front-end and back-end new development as well as maintenance work for our
expanding product suite, which provides centralized management and
authentication for Unix, Linux, and Mac systems to Active Directory (AD).

Technical Qualifications:

•	3+ years of Java programming skills in an enterprise software
environment.
•	Multi-threaded application development experience.
•	Experience with software development methodologies, use of source code
repositories, behavior-driven development and unit testing.

Desired Technical Skills:

•	Experience with Active Directory or network programming.
•	Experience with Kerberos and/or LDAP protocols.
•	Experience with Unix development: gcc, autoconf, automake, svn, etc.
•	Java EE development experience
•	SOAP/XML web services development experience
•	C++ development experience

Core Attributes:

•	A “can-do” and “win-win” attitude.
•	Ability to work effectively and deliver results under tight
deadlines.
•	Self starter, identifying and solving software problems.

Position Responsibilities:

•	Work on a great software development team to find solutions to
interesting and complex problems working with the latest Unix/Windows
server technology;
•	Design and coding of enhancements to existing modules, as well as
design and development of new modules and maintain existing Unix scripts
and design and develop new Unix scripts.
•	Conduct Developer testing of code changes and perform source code peer
reviews.

Education

•	B.S. Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience