Part Time Job Opening

Chris Wood cwood at digecor.com
Mon Mar 28 12:32:31 MDT 2011

We have an opening for a part time position that could work well for a college student or somebody looking for some extra after hour work.

While this isn't much of a linux position, the people on this list seem to know good people and have the technical mindset that would match what we are looking for.

See info below.

Thanks!

---
digEcor is the global market leader in portable in-flight entertainment (IFE) for the airline industry. We created the portable IFE market in 2003 with our ground breaking digEplayer 5500 (AVOD) which was followed in 2008 by the digEplayer XT and we have now introduced the digEplayer L Series. We are looking for talented and skilled employees who are energetic and passionate about their jobs, our products, and our company.

We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. ( www.digecor.com )

For applying, please see http://www.digecor.com/about-us/jobscareers.html

Position: Encoding Lab Technician & QA (Part Time: ~20 hrs/week) (Springville, Utah)

Overview

This position is a part time position working in the evenings and Saturdays (as needed). This position is responsible for encoding video content, working with subtitles, encrypting videos, etc. This position is responsible for quality insurance/inspection of video and audio content.

Essential Duties and Responsibilities

Encoding Services – Encoding, encrypting, working with subtitles, and quality checking entertainment oriented content. Media Librarian (responsible for tracking media and security of media)

Inspect for the following:
-Video Quality (artifacts, sizing, etc)
-Audio Quality (Static, Stereo, Mono, audio synchronization, etc)
-Spelling & Grammar (Titles, synopses, names, etc)
-Integration Accuracy (Missing items, wrong items, etc)
-Functionality testing (video plays, audio plays)
-Overall usability and user experience
-Other assistance as required

Hours:
While the hours are somewhat flexible, we are looking for somebody to work an evening shift and Saturdays (as needed).

Qualifications
-Self-motivated, self-managed.
-Ability to work well with others
-Organizational skills and attention to detail are essential characteristics for this position.
-A methodical approach to inspection and attention to detail are absolutely required.
-This position requires solid computer skills including networking, Windows XP (fully versatile in windows explorer, file management, etc), Spreadsheet applications, and scripting. On the job training will be provided for the video encoding aspects of this job. General computer skills such as email attachments, network file sharing, good typing skills, etc.
-Beneficial to have previous experience in linux/dos scripting, video editing/encoding, audio encoding (mp3, ID tags), Linux experience, etc.
-Foreign language experience may be beneficial

Note on video content:
While we strive to select titles that are fit for a general audience, there is the requirement to encode or quality check ‘R’ rated titles, unrated foreign titles that are equivalent to an ‘R’ rating, or foreign TV shows that may contain content that would not meet U.S. TV broadcast standards.

Part time, on-site position.

We are not offering relocation for this position.

Background check will be performed.