[OT] Hardware - projector recommendations

Derek Carter (aka goozbach) goozbach at friocorte.com
Sun Mar 27 10:15:34 MDT 2011

On 03/21/2011 08:58 PM, Gabriel Gunderson wrote:
> Plug,
>
> It's been about two years since I turned to the PLUG for hardware
> advice (I was looking for a document scanner at that time).  I was
> pretty darn pleased with the direction I was given.
>
> Fast-forward 24 months... I've done some research on projectors, but I
> thought I'd ask here if anyone has any recommendations.  I'd say the
> things I'm after are portability, price and quality (in that order).
> I've got a few models that I've kinda narrowed it down to, but I'd
> like to hear about your collective experiences.
>
> So, any advice on buying projectors?
>
> As before, I'll be sure to let you know what I've selected and how
> well it's turned out. Thanks for your consideration :)

Is this for a smaller room for work purposes?

We've been looking for a projector for our small dark conference room
and are finding that the price/performance numbers are about even with
the flat-screen TVs (plasma/LED) which we've found.

Of course, if you need portability or view-ability by a larger room or
number of people, projectors are the only way to go.

--
Derek
aka goozbach