strange problem

Merrill Oveson moveson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 16:25:58 MDT 2011

I fixed it.  Just after I made the post I discovered the problem and
the solution.

User Credentials were incorrect in User Accounts.

I nuked the credentials pertaining to my samba server.

Then when I type \\SAMBA_SERVER I was prompted for the credentials.

Users had typed the wrong credentials and asked that they be saved.

Of course, no one ever admits to this.  I could have saved hours if
someone had just said,
"I type the wrong credentials and saved them."