Perl is ALIVE!

Mike Moore blowmage at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 00:31:57 MDT 2011

On Mar 24, 2011, at 11:00 PM, Shane Hathaway <shane at hathawaymix.org> wrote:

> On 03/24/2011 10:34 PM, Daniel C. wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 7:26 AM, Doran L. Barton<fozz at hypermoo.com>  wrote:
>>> - Moose is a post-modern object system that makes OO development easy and even
>>> fun.
>>
>> What exactly is a post-modern object system?
>
> According to the bottom of the first page of the manual [1], Moose is
> postmodern because 'we have "borrowed" features [...] and the bits we
> didn't like [...] we tossed aside.'

If Moose is postmodern the same way that Perl is postmodern, then
wouldn't tossing aside the OO bits you didn't like be giving OR a
higher precedence than AND? Wouldn't that make Moose just modernist?

http://www.perl.com/pub/1999/03/pm.html

I can't believe I looked at that much Perl code tonight. The good news
is that I'll be back to not understanding it in the morning...