Perl is ALIVE!

Shane Hathaway shane at
Thu Mar 24 23:00:07 MDT 2011

On 03/24/2011 10:34 PM, Daniel C. wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 7:26 AM, Doran L. Barton<fozz at>  wrote:
>> - Moose is a post-modern object system that makes OO development easy and even
>> fun.
> What exactly is a post-modern object system?

According to the bottom of the first page of the manual [1], Moose is
postmodern because 'we have "borrowed" features [...] and the bits we
didn't like [...] we tossed aside.'

Actually I think the proper pronunciation of postmodern is
"postmodernsnickersnicker", because there is no other way to say such a
hilariously nebulous thing.