[OT] Hardware - projector recommendations

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Tue Mar 22 00:40:43 MDT 2011

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 7:12 PM, Doran L. Barton <fozz at hypermoo.com> wrote:
> Research the lamp replacement costs and estimated lamp life.

Oh great.  I hope it's not yet to the point where printer and ink
cartages are these days.  You know... they give you a free projector
and a bulb that will last 25 mins.  When you go to replace that bulb
it costs $550.  And the competition doesn't exist because the bulbs
have a little chip in them that verifies they're 'genuine' and will
give you the 'predictable results' that you expect without 'harming'
the projector.  And bulb manufacturers get sued out of existence for
trying to offer a better product at a better price.

Shoot, I hope I didn't give anyone any new ideas :)

Anyway, back to reality (at least the *present* reality); that's a
good link with a pretty helpful resources section. Thanks.

Gabe