[Fwd: PLUG + Open Source Bridge]

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Fri Mar 18 03:05:31 MDT 2011

------------------------------ Original Message ------------------------------
Subject: [Website Feedback] PLUG + Open Source Bridge

Reid Beels sent a message using the contact form at
http://plug.org/contact.

Hi!

I'm working to organize Open Source Bridge, the third annual conference
for open source citizens. It's happening June 21–24, 2011 in downtown
Portland, Oregon.

ABOUT THE CONFERENCE

Open Source Bridge is a volunteer-run conference that connects people
across technologies, projects and interests. We would love to have members
of the Provo Linux community involved as speakers and participants.

The conference features presentations on a wide range of topics, from
specific open source technologies to common experiences and shared
concerns. There's also a full day of unconference sessions and a 24-hour
hacker lounge for all of your collaboration needs.

We’d be delighted if you would mention Open Source Bridge at your user
group meetings and get us in touch with other groups in your community who
might be interested in participating. We've provided a sample email below
that you can customize and send to mailing lists.

Our call for proposals is scheduled to end this week; however, we'll be
extending it through March 31st. This date is approaching quickly, so
please pass this information on as soon as possible.

USER GROUP DISCOUNT

We'd like to offer a discounted registration rate of $200 to all of your
members if they use the discount code "osbugluv" at registration. That’s
$25 off the Early Bird rate, and $100 off our regular registration!

CONFERENCE PASS RAFFLE

We're also offering a free conference pass for you to raffle off to a
member of your group!

We’ve found that these raffles work best when you:

1) Let all of your members know about the conference, dates, and URL:
http://opensourcebridge.org/
2) Allow anyone in the group to sign up for the raffle.
3) Draw the winner at random, preferably at a public meeting.

When you have selected a winner, email usergroups at opensourcebridge.org, CC
the winner, and we’ll register them for you.

Thank You!
Reid Beels
Open Source Bridge
http://opensourcebridge.org/

###

DETAILS TO SHARE WITH YOUR GROUP’S MEMBERS

Open Source Bridge
http://opensourcebridge.org

Open Source Bridge is a conference for people who work with open source
technologies. It will take place June 21–24, 2011, in Portland, Oregon.
The conference includes five tracks focused on connecting projects and
experiences across different areas of open source.

The schedule includes three days of traditional conference presentations,
a day of free-form unconference sessions, and our 24-hour Hacker Lounge.
You’ll find relevant information whether you write web apps, tinker with
operating system internals, create hardware, run a business, write
documentation, or contribute to open source in other ways.

We're seeking presentation proposals through March 31st (new, extended
deadline!). Read our Call for Proposals here:
http://opensourcebridge.org/call-for-proposals

As a user group member, you can use the coupon code "osbugluv" to register
at a discounted rate of $200 when you select either an Early Bird
Registration (through April 15th), or a Regular Registration (after April
15th). Learn more and register at http://opensourcebridge.org/attend/

The conference is run entirely by volunteers and all proceeds from
conference registration and sponsorship go directly to the costs of the
conference.

Visit http://opensourcebridge.org/ to learn more about the conference, see
our session proposals, and register to attend.

Thanks!