How do I scp files between SSH public key targets?

Kenneth Burgener kenneth at mail1.ttak.org
Mon Mar 7 11:16:01 MST 2011

Hi,

I have setup my network with public keys, which works great, but how do
I copy files between two target systems?  My desktop has my private key,
and I have several target systems with a copy of my public key.  I can
ssh into any of the targets without issue, but if I try to scp files
between two targets, it fails as the targets do not have my private
key.  Is there a mechanism to forward the established authentication
though a connection?  Is this what ssh-agent is for?  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Kenneth