GnuPG DH Public Key

Lane Brooks lane at brooks.nu
Thu Jun 23 09:18:29 MDT 2011

I need to generate a 2048-bit PGP version 6.5.3 or later and of the type
DH/DSS public key. I would like to use GnuPG, and from what I have read,
this should be possible. On the GnuPG FAQ I have found how to edit the
key to be compatible with PGP, but I cannot find how to generate a
DH/DSS type key. The version of GnuPG on Fedora 15 has the following
options when I run gpg2 --gen-key:

Please select what kind of key you want:
    (1) RSA and RSA (default)
    (2) DSA and Elgamal
    (3) DSA (sign only)
    (4) RSA (sign only)

 From what I have read in my google searches, there should be a DH/DSS
option in this list, so it seems that Fedora does not ship with the
DH/DSS option. I have tried compiling the latest 2.0 version of GnuPG
myself, and unfortunately it lists the same options. I was hoping the
./configure script output would tell me I was missing a DH/DSS crypt
library, but it didn't. Furthermore, I can find surprising little in my
Google searches on this topic.

Does anyone out there know how to compile DH support into gpg?

Lane