Volunteer Opportunity: FCYD Web Designer/Developer

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Tue Jun 21 18:21:00 MDT 2011

Many PLUGgers give back to the community already. However, if you have room
for one more the The Foundation for Children and Youth with Diabetes
desperately needs a website designer/developer. They run a series of camps for
kids with diabetes. I don't think they need anything particularly complex. The
main feature needed is the ability to secure private picture galleries so that
parents can see pictures from camp which are uploaded every day (and
unauthorized people can't). HIPPA privacy rules apply.

The entire camp is basically all volunteer run. So, just like an open source
project, you'll often be left on your own and be given a lot of reign to run
the site as you see fit. The current webmaster/designer is very ill due to
complications with diabetes, and is asking the community at large for help.

I act as the system administrator for the foundation, and I can help get you
going. Please contact me off list if you are interested in taking this one.

-Ryan