Online CCNA / Linux course recommendations

Jacob Albretsen jakea at xmission.com
Fri Jun 17 13:59:17 MDT 2011

On Friday 17 June 2011, Thomas S Hatch wrote:

> They are, hands down, the best Linux trainers.
>
> As for Certs, only Red Hat has ever seemed to care about my RHCE, and
> nobody has every asked ME about my RHCE or other certs.

The fact that I had my RHCE influenced 2 of my last 3 employers to finally hire
me.

One of them was all about certifications and that it was great to get them.
RHCE was actually mentioned as a plus in the job description

At the other job, the government requirement was that all admins must have an
"OS certification".  This unfortunately translated to someone could have their
MCSE and it would meet the requirements to be a Solaris admin. It appeared to
me in the eyes of my contractor that if I had my RHCE, they would not have to
foot the bill for me to get one.  They did however foot the bill for me to get
Security+ certified, which was also required.

And I will also note that the actual experience of getting the RHCE helped me
during the interviews for all 3 jobs.

--
Jacob Albretsen
jakea at xmission.com