Online CCNA / Linux course recommendations

Samuel Morales smorales at aquaveo.com
Fri Jun 17 12:04:07 MDT 2011

I went to the MATC for A+ and Linux+ certs. There's only one instructor
there, and he doesn't really teach that often. You do most of the work on
your own in the lab. So they provide the lab, materials and really smart
person if you have questions, but everything depends on you wanting to
learn.

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 11:54 AM, Thomas S Hatch <thatch45 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 11:51 AM, Mike Wright <mikewright.plug at gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > I'm interested in taking an online CCNA course. What are
> > your recommendations for a course that is cost-efficient and provides the
> > resources (simulator, study materials) to effectively configure Cisco
> > equipment and prepare for the exams.
> >
> > As an alternative to online, it seems that Mountainland Applied
> Technology
> > Center (by UVSC) seems to be cost effective, but does anyone have any
> > experience with them?
> >
> > Also, I'm interested in Linux certifications. What are the best
> > certifications? Linux+ seems to be a good start, but it seems that Redhat
> > certifications (RHSA, RHCE) are more in-depth and in demand.
> >

> > Also, if there are any in-person courses you would recommend, I'd love to
> > hear about them.
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Mike
> >
> > /*
> > Don't fear the penguin.
> > */
> >

> For Linux stuff look at Guru Labs:
> http://www.gurulabs.com/
>
> They are, hands down, the best Linux trainers.
>
> As for Certs, only Red Hat has ever seemed to care about my RHCE, and
> nobody
> has every asked ME about my RHCE or other certs.
>
> With that said, when I hire people the RHCE means a lot to me, because I
> know it is a hard test that requires results.
>
> -Thomas S Hatch

Sam Morales
IT
Aquaveo