Wordpress Plugin Wanted

John Shaver bobjohnbob at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 13:48:16 MDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 1:23 PM, Charles Curley
<charlescurley at charlescurley.com> wrote:
> I am looking for a Wordpress plugin, but not sure what to call it.
>
> My client is using Wordpress. They'd like to allow regional managers to
> edit pages relevant to the regional offices without being able to edit
> any other content, such as other regional offices' material. How do we
> do that?

I think you want to use the search term user permissions.  There are
alot of plugins out there and there is bound to be one to allow this.
It sounds like they might want to start looking at more of a custom
solution rather than wordpress at this point.  As you get more and
more plugins in wordpress, things get more complicated and have a
greater chance of breaking with every update.  Or your plugin might
stop being supported, then you have to worry about migrating
permission from one plugin to another.   Wordpress is great (even if
it is in PHP) but eventually you have to look at using something else.

-John Shaver