Job: Content Integrator and Loading Support (Springville, Utah)

Tod Hansmann plug.org at todandlorna.com
Thu Jun 9 22:18:00 MDT 2011

So, my day job is getting some help for a lot of the more entry-level
stuff my boss and I do so we can focus more on process improvement and
automation, tool development, etc.  It's a good job and I like the
people, and if you're looking to get into sysadmin responsibilities,
this is probably a good start to expand your skills, especially on the
scripting side of things.  If you like to do media encoding, this is
also a good place for that.

Full post below, but feel free to ask me any questions on or off list as
appropriate.

-Tod Hansmann

DESCRIPTION

digEcor is the global market leader in portable in-flight entertainment
(IFE) for the airline industry. We created the portable IFE market in
2003 with our ground breaking digEplayer 5500 (AVOD) which was followed
in 2008 by the digEplayer XT and we have now introduced the digEplayer L
Series. We are looking for talented and skilled employees who are
energetic and passionate about their jobs, our products, and our company.

We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. We are an Equal
Opportunity Employer. (www.digecor.com)

For applying, please see http://digecor.iapplicants.com/

Position: Content Integrator and Loading Support (digEcor - Springville,
Utah)

Overview
The Content Integrator position is an exciting opportunity to be
involved with systems used by passengers every day on aircraft around
the world. This position will be involved with content integration and
supporting the delivery and loading process for those systems.

DUTIES

- Performs content integration for digEplayers in relation to graphics,
thumbnails, synopses, menus, video content, music, user interfaces, etc.

- Deploys video content sets to customers' servers, updates servers, and
performs test loads.

- Available 24/7 to remotely support servers and customers at customer
facilities worldwide when support is required (as needed).

- Responsible for accurate, quality work product that will be viewed by
countless airline passengers.

QUALIFICATIONS

- Self-motivated, self-managed

- Problem solver - sees opportunities and researches resolutions

- Requires a working knowledge of using the Linux command line

- A general understanding of hardware technologies including components
for machines (CPUs, hard drives, RAM types, etc), Linux partitioning, etc.

- A general understanding of networking basics (connecting switches,
devices, servers, etc).

- Must be detail oriented for video integration tasks

- Must be fluent in English for quality assurance tasks (visual spell
checking) and supporting customers (domestic and foreign)

Relocation not offered. Most of the tasks for this job must be performed
in our office.

For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below.
Please do not email your resume to us as we only accept applications
through our website.

http://digecor.iapplicants.com/ViewJob-188243.html