Job Listings - Dev & Ops
plug at ryansimpkins.com
Tue Jun 7 16:22:12 MDT 2011
I had a phone conversation with a recruiter today that sent along the below.
There are multiple positions available for Enterprise class Linux roles (Dev &
Ops). The company is a well known banking and securities firm. My personal
opinion is that these are premium local jobs. They are looking for candidates
across the spectrum from junior to senior. However, it sounds like they need a
few key technical roles filled by some of our most senior colleagues.
My understanding is they have need for more ops staff than dev, but I don't
have all the details. Hopefully the UGs can be a part of putting some great
people at this firm. Belinda's contact information is below.
------------------------------ Original Message ------------------------------
Technology Infrastructure provides global thought leadership, solution
development, delivery and support for a broad suite of technology
products and services at Company. It leverages global expertise to
develop leading-edge technology solutions that meet business demands and
differentiate the firm's technology offerings in the marketplace.
Technology Infrastructure enables the operation of the firm by managing
an extensive compute platform and global communication networks, while
addressing technology, compliance and reputation risk and resilience.
* Evaluation and testing of new virtualization platforms
* Development of tools to help automate the certification/benchmarking
* Interface with vendors and help define the virtualization strategy for
* Architectural consultation as well as third level systems support
* General project management and execution
Required Technical Qualifications
* In-depth knowledge of Virtualization technologies (VMWare preferred)
* Solid knowledge of unix operating systems and x86 platforms
* Scripting and programming skills (shell, OO Perl, python) required to
assist in the development of automation tools
* Software development skills in Java and a thorough understanding of
the software development process preferred
Required Organizational Qualifications
* Candidate should have excellent interpersonal skills, be confident and
* Proven ability to assume ownership and willingness to take on
responsibility and manage projects to completion
* Candidate is willing to work in a team-oriented environment with team
members across the globe
Company is a meritocracy where you will be given all the tools to help
you develop. At Company, you will have access to excellent training
programmes designed to improve multiple facets of your skills portfolio.
Our in-house training programme, 'Company University' offers a
comprehensive series of courses that you will have access to as your
career progresses. Company University has an impressive catalogue of
courses which span technical, business and leadership skills training.
In order to help you navigate the organization, you will be given a
mentor from outside of your immediate department. This person will be
positioned to provide you with objective advice and guidance on your
We value internal mobility. The chance to take on new challenges in the
firm over time will ensure that you remain stimulated and will help in
your continued professional and personal development.
Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, color, gender,
national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis that is
prohibited by applicable law.
>> Belinda Kay Nurick
>> Executive Search
>> Information Technology
>> Connections of New York, Inc.
>> 5 Penn Plaza, 21st Floor
>> New York, NY 10001
>> T - 212.564.3300
>> F - 866-524-2877
More information about the PLUG