linux carputer

Mike Lovell mike at dev-zero.net
Tue Jun 7 00:53:56 MDT 2011

I've recently gotten back on a kick of investigating possibilities and
options for replacing the head unit in my car (the factory default
double din one) with something a little more sophisticated. I have a
mini-itx motherboard that I would probably use for this and would
probably get a touch screen that can fit in a double din space. I'm
mainly wondering about what software to use as my new stereo. Does
anyone on the list have any suggestions? Are there any solutions people
of the list have tried? Right now, I'm thinking of using Centrafuse but
I am disappointed in the need for windows (though it is not a deal
breaker. GASP).

Thanks
mike