Collective Wisdom : Zmanada v Bacula v ??

Victor Villa vvilla at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 14:59:28 MDT 2011

Greets oh wise PLUG collective that have pondered the depths of infinity,
space-time and that's just this past week.

I come seeking advice on backup software solutions.

I've read some great things about Zmanda, and Bacula looks pretty good.  The
backup "server" is an i7 w 4GB RAM running ubuntu 11.04.  The box has 2 hot
swap SATA bays in the front that I was hoping to backup to.

Can anybody speak to either of the software above, or another FOSS solution?

thx

mj/v