how to add file to /proc

hatem gamal elzanaty hatem at softpro.bz
Sat Jun 4 23:35:31 MDT 2011

  Byron Clark wrote:
> On 06/05/11 at 04:41am, hatem gamal elzanaty wrote:
>
>> i have a problem to add a file to /proc does there is a simple way or
>> even a how to program syntax to do so the system reject to enter the
>> file i need to enter into the /proc file can any one tell me how to do
>> it or direct me to a how to a free method that is simple and accurate
>>

> Creating a file in /proc is going to require a kernel module or a
> patched kernel. Chapter four[1] of _Linux Device Drivers_[2] describes
> how to create a file in /proc.
>
> That said, it's no longer considered good form to add anything to /proc.
> The new home for this information is the /sys filesystem or debugfs.
> LWN has a quick guide for using debugfs[3].
>
> [1] https://lwn.net/images/pdf/LDD3/ch04.pdf
> [2] https://lwn.net/Kernel/LDD3/
> [3] https://lwn.net/Articles/334546/

thanks for your reply but i have no straight forward how to in steps  or
in how to compile or run that is why i'm warring of carshing the system
in the link below
http://tldp.org/LDP/lkmpg/2.6/html/x769.html
i get those errors and i don't konw what is the cause  here is how i compile
export srcf="/data/hatem/work/c/project/learning/source/010"
export objf="/data/hatem/work/c/project/learning/object/010"
cd $srcf
gcc   -g  -o  proc.bin proc.c
mv -f ./proc.bin  $objf
cd $objf
./proc.bin

am i suppose to change the header files for that to work can you help in
that thanks in advance
the error message is attached