Senior Storage Administrator job in Provo
robertj at linux4free.com
Thu Jun 2 10:44:08 MDT 2011
*Senior Storage Administrator*
Ancestry.com is the world's largest online resource for family history. We
have helped pioneer the market for online family history research, taking a
pursuit that was expensive and time-consuming and making it easy, affordable
and accessible to anyone with an interest in their family history. The
foundation of our service is an extensive collection of billions of
historical records that we have digitized, indexed and put online over the
past 13 years. These digital records and documents, combined with our
proprietary online search technologies, tools and collaboration features,
have enabled our more than one million subscribers to create nearly 24
million family trees that contain nearly 2.4 billion profiles, and make
meaningful discoveries about the lives of their ancestors.
With employees around the world, we are committed to hiring the very best
talent. We are known for our cutting-edge technology, phenomenal innovation,
and we offer a compelling and rewarding workplace where you will thrive. We
seek out passionate people to join our mission of helping people discover,
preserve and share their family history. We invite you to explore and
discover the many opportunities that await you at Ancestry.com.
Ancestry.com is looking for an experienced, motivated Senior Storage
Administrator to assist in managing all aspects of the Ancestry.com storage
*Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:*
- Deploy, manage, maintain, and support the existing storage
- 3par, Isilon, HDS, and NetApp storage arrays
- Brocade fabric switches
- Assist with implementation and evaluation of storage technology
projects as directed.
- Determine and document storage policies, processes, and procedures.
- Develop and deploy programs/scripts for monitoring storage health,
capacity planning, etc.
- Continuously monitor and improve policies, procedures, and
- Provide periodic on-call after-hours support as needed
- Occasional travel required.
- 4+ years of systems/storage administration for a mid-size to large
- Experience supporting a datacenter is a plus.
- Four year college technical degree or equivalent certification.
- Experience supporting our main vendor equipment (3par, Isilon, NetApp,
- Fiber Channel experience (BCFP or greater certification preferred).
- Demonstrated success and experience implementing, maintaining, and
troubleshooting storage related issues as well as experience with storage
- Experience installing, deploying, and maintaining storage
hardware/software in a datacenter environment.
- Experience working with and managing Windows, Linux, and Solaris
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 80 pounds.
Please send resume to robertj at ancestry.com
More information about the PLUG