7.1 preamp

Jason Jones poeticintensity at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 15:22:53 MST 2011

>> It seems like an extra $250 is worth it for the extra watts and the
premap (especially for a receive that is normally twelve hundred bucks),
although I'm still having a hard time understanding the preamp exactly.

(my apologies for top-posting in my previous reply)

One more thing:  If your current speaker setup isn't going to change with
the extra wattage provided by your new receiver, you'll get very little
improvement from it, wattage-wise - unless your speakers are currently being
under-driven.  Best component in your audio-chain should definitely be your
speakers.

--Jason