7.1 preamp

Jason Jones poeticintensity at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 15:17:18 MST 2011

Unless I'm mistaken, the pre-amp outs are outputs which allow connectivity
to an external amplifier.  In this case, the "pre" in preamp means "before
it goes to the amplifier", so you're basically given the option to have your
own dedicated "per-channel" external amp(s), which by your description, I'm
guessing you don't have.  If you look at a close photo of the back-side of
the receiver, you'll see in the bottom-right corner, a "PRE OUT" section,
with all your channels. ( see link below )

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/electronics/detail-page/b002ikkfuaback.jpg

<http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/electronics/detail-page/b002ikkfuaback.jpg>As
far as my preferences go, I like Yamaha receivers because they do very
little fancy stuff to the signal.  They're "natural" sounding.  Harmon
Kardon makes pretty wicked audio components, too.  Good choice.

Below is the back-side of the 2600 for comparison.  Notice the bottom right
"pre out" section only has one sub connector.

http://homeaudiosupplies.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/HK2600back.jpg

Hope that helps.

<http://homeaudiosupplies.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/HK2600back.jpg>
--Jason