March Meeting Ideas?

Jason Jones poeticintensity at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 16:35:22 MST 2011

> Undoubtedly, Audacity is in the mix (pun intended). Perhaps someone could
> spend 10-15 minutes talking about how Audacity can be used to do a variety
> of things.

Wow... A bit more interest than I thought there would be.  For those of you
who want to hear stuff recorded, mixed, and mastered using FOSS tools,
almost all the songs on my samples page fit the bill.

http://advancedbudgetstudios.com/samples

<http://advancedbudgetstudios.com/samples> Also - sadly, I don't use
Audacity for audio work at all.  Oh, wait...  It is good for two things:  1.
minor trimming and fading of exported audio snippets.  2. Nabbin' clips from
the web.

As far as hosting a meeting at my studio, it's just a single room in my
basement.  I don't think I'll be able to host more than 10 people, and
parking will be pretty bad.  I probably could set a date for those who are
interested in finding out more, outside of a formal PLUG meeting, though.  I
guess we could just gauge interest and send out invites?  *shrugs*   Or
maybe just do a question / answer thing on the list?

--Jason