March Meeting Ideas?

John Shaver bobjohnbob at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 15:28:27 MST 2011

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 2:21 PM, Jason Jones <poeticintensity at gmail.com> wrote:
> I run an audio recording studio based on Linux.  Not sure how I could
> present on it, though.

I would be very interested in seeing what software, hardware you use,
and the OS configuration.

I tried to setup some audio recording in linux years ago and remember
running into several problems that I couldn't overcome at the time
(it's been so long I don't remember exactly what those were at the
time.)  I have more linux experience now and have been considering
trying to set i up again.

It would be great to see how someone else has it setup.   I would also
like to hear your opinions on how viable you think recording in linux
is, your experience with recording in other environments and how they
compare, how you think it can be improved and other such things.

Those are some ideas.  If you no one else is interested in a
presentation, then an email would be acceptable as well :)

-John Shaver