Adobe Security Policy - New Poll

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Wed Feb 23 17:51:55 MST 2011

On Wed, February 16, 2011 16:36, Jonathan Duncan wrote:
> On 16 Feb 2011, at 16:18, Ryan Simpkins wrote:
>> <snip>
>> I just had a discussion with the Adobe on-site security manager about our
>> situation. He is hearing that the group isn't really crazy about these new
>> restrictions. He stated that Adobe still wants to host PLUG. He is going to
>> work to try to get us a waiver for these security policies. He personally
>> feels it is a little overboard for our group given the on-site realities of
>> where and when we meet.
>>
>> If I hear back that they aren't willing to waive the policy, then it looks
>> like we will be shopping for a new meeting place. Preferably one with free
>> soda! :-) However, I think it is likely that Adobe will grant PLUG a waiver.
>>

> /me wonders, if we are granted a waiver, if that proves the power the PLUG
> wields...

Apparently our power is about 1.5 volts at 7 milliamps.

For March:
- Guesstimate how many people will be showing up. Adobe will pre-print a bunch
of "PLUG Visitor" badges. The thinking here is that they want people clearly
"marked" as a visitor so they know who to shoot. The bright red badge doubles
as a target.

For future meetings:
- They will have a sign up sheet that basically says "I promise I will not
wander around the building stealing things" across the top. The purpose is to
provide some sort of proof that real people actually showed up (demi-gods like
sjansen excluded). To make a long story short - no tracking means no money.
- They will have a bouncer at the door to let you in, take a DNA sample, and
brand the Adobe logo on your forehead.

If you like it, be patient. Good things come to those who wait. If you don't
like it, please be very noisy and recommend an alternate location.

-Ryan

PS - In other news, Adobe has donated a new server to PLUG. It will be a major
upgrade. More on this later.