how to make Linux Modules into tarball?

AJ ONeal coolaj86 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 17:41:57 MST 2011

No, I'm asking if there is a standard way to grab all of the modules I made
for easy deployment to my target.

I suppose I could do something like
find ~/linux-2.6 -name *.ko -exec cp {} ~/target/usr/lib/modules/2.6.36/ \;

and then create the tarball from that. I just figured there'd be something
like

`make modules` (which I haven't actually tried yet)

that would put them all together in
arch/arm/modules/linux-modules-2.6.36.tar.gz or something similar

AJ ONeal