Minecraft

Jonathan Duncan jonathan at bluesunhosting.com
Fri Feb 11 11:15:21 MST 2011

On 11 Feb 2011, at 09:15, Matthew Walker wrote:

> On Fri, February 11, 2011 9:03 am, John Shaver wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 8:54 AM, Matthew Walker <mwalker at kydance.net> wrote:
>>> Pffft. What look for materials. 99% of what I need: Stone. Sand. Stone. Coal or
>>> Charcoal. Sand. And did I mention Stone?
>>
>> Things go a lot faster when you have diamond tools to use.  It doesn't
>> take too much time to get those legitimately though and they last for
>> a really long time.  The diamond shovel is especially nice for how
>> cheap it is, but it seems to get used up alot faster.
>>
>> It's also nice to have lot's of iron to build rail tracks and carts with.
>
> I /do/ spawn diamond tools. And you wouldn't believe how many I've gone through. Dozens
> of picks. Probably over a hundred now. As for rail tracks, etc. None involved in the
> pyramid. :) I'll soon be doing some redstone circuitry to add decoration to things,
> although that may wait until the next release now, since I heard they're adding some new
> circuitry stuff.
>
> What really helped speed things up was the release of charcoal. Having to rely on coal
> was a major bottleneck, but now I can just go plant a stack of saplings, let them grow,
> and harvest 8+ stacks of wood (and 3-4 stacks of saplings) from them, then turn it all
> into charcoal.

It is truly amazing to me how addicting this game is and how much time I can churn through.  My sleep patterns this week have been completely derailed.  Have you guys already seen these?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn2-d5a3r94
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epYmWk9Q3g4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtLnRR-j5cE