Minecraft

Matthew Walker mwalker at kydance.net
Fri Feb 11 09:15:30 MST 2011

On Fri, February 11, 2011 9:03 am, John Shaver wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 8:54 AM, Matthew Walker <mwalker at kydance.net> wrote:
>> Pffft. What look for materials. 99% of what I need: Stone. Sand. Stone. Coal or
>> Charcoal. Sand. And did I mention Stone?
>
> Things go a lot faster when you have diamond tools to use.  It doesn't
> take too much time to get those legitimately though and they last for
> a really long time.  The diamond shovel is especially nice for how
> cheap it is, but it seems to get used up alot faster.
>
> It's also nice to have lot's of iron to build rail tracks and carts with.

I /do/ spawn diamond tools. And you wouldn't believe how many I've gone through. Dozens
of picks. Probably over a hundred now. As for rail tracks, etc. None involved in the
pyramid. :) I'll soon be doing some redstone circuitry to add decoration to things,
although that may wait until the next release now, since I heard they're adding some new
circuitry stuff.

What really helped speed things up was the release of charcoal. Having to rely on coal
was a major bottleneck, but now I can just go plant a stack of saplings, let them grow,
and harvest 8+ stacks of wood (and 3-4 stacks of saplings) from them, then turn it all
into charcoal.

--
Matthew Walker                          HAM Call Sign: N7TOX