silly question about acrobat reader

Nicholas Leippe nick at leippe.com
Mon Feb 7 20:44:46 MST 2011

When I have a document open and the Page Display is set to "Single
Page" I can change pages with a single page-up or page-down key-press.
However, if I enable "Reading Mode" or "Full Screen Mode" it then
requires *two* page-up or page-down key-presses to change the page.
(The first key press scrolls the page about 1/2 a line.) Why is this
and how do I get rid of this behavior? It's becoming annoying, but
googling the topic seems futile.

It doesn't matter whether "Show Gaps Between Pages" is enabled or not,
or whether Zoom is set to "Fit Height" or "Fit Page".